Skip to main content

TASFA (Texas Application for State Financial Aid)

Students raising Texas State flag

This page is for non-citizens who are classified as Texas residents.

If you are a foreign student or non-citizen, you may be eligible to be classified as a Texas resident for tuition purposes. If so, you may also be eligible to receive state financial aid.

To apply for state financial aid as a House Bill 1403/Senate Bill 1528 eligible student, you must complete the following forms:








Once completed, you must submit these documents to:

Financial Aid and Scholarships
J. C. Kellam Building, Suite 240
Texas State University
601 University Dr.
San Marcos, Texas 78666–4684

If you want to pursue a student loan, you may apply for a College Access Loan from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). To request an application from the THECB, click here.

The rest of the financial aid process (i.e., awarding, notification, etc.) follow the same steps as found under How to Apply.

For information about the Texas State undergraduate admission application procedures, visit our Undergraduate Admissions web-site. Additional information about residency for tuition purposes is available here.