These scholarships are awarded competitively and require the submission of a Texas State scholarship application. All awards are based on the overall strength of your scholarship application. To apply for this category of scholarship, you must meet Assured Admission standards, submit official transcript(s), submit official SAT or ACT scores and complete and submit a Texas State scholarship application via the Bobcat Online Scholarship System (BOSS) by December 15, 2017. For students admitted to Texas State for the incoming spring semester, you will be eligible to apply for Continuing Scholarships once you have a Texas State GPA.
If your scholarship application meets initial eligibility criteria for the Terry Scholarship, you will be able to apply for it in BOSS once it is listed under your Recommended scholarships under the Opportunities tab. You will also be required to have two letters of recommendation to Financial Aid and Scholarships; one of the letters must be from a high school teacher, advisor or principal. You must submit all documents and be meet Assured Admission no later than December 15, 2017. If you are a nonresident receiving a Competitive Scholarship of at least $1,000 per year, you also qualify to pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Terry Foundation Scholarship ($90,000)
- McCoy Scholarship of Excellence ($32,000)
- McCoy Scholarship of Distinction ($20,000)
- Ingram Engineering Scholarship ($32,000)
- Ingram Engineering Technology Scholarship ($16,000)
- Ingram Concrete Industry Management Scholarship ($8,000)
- University Scholars ($22,000)
- Patti Strickel Harrison Scholarship ($20,000)
- Rodeo Austin Scholarship ($16,000)
- Lone Star Scholarship ($10,000)
- Chartwell's Undergraduate Scholarship ($8,000)
- Alumni Association Freshmen Initiative Scholarship ($6,000)
- For Texas State scholarship purposes, SAT score is defined as the best composite score from the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Section and Math Section from a single testing. ACT score is defined as the best composite score from a single testing.
- All competitive scholarships listed above are renewable for up to four years based upon required academic performance and meeting all renewal eligibility criteria.
- Any combination of financial aid and scholarships cannot exceed the cost of attendance.