Bobcat Online Scholarship System (BOSS)
The Bobcat Online Scholarship System (BOSS) allows you to use one application to apply for as many Texas State scholarships as you’re interested in. We are in the process of making all department and college scholarships available through BOSS.
- Click Access BOSS
- Click Sign In (in lower right corner on mobile; in upper right corner on desktop)
- Click Sign In With Your Institution
- Enter your Texas State NetID and Password*
- Click Login
- Follow the prompts on the screen to apply**
* If you have not already activated your NetID, please click Activate your NetID on the login page.
** You are encouraged to apply for the Recommended scholarships (that have an Apply button) under the Opportunities tab. While you may appear initially eligible for a scholarship, your actual eligibility will be based on your answers to the supplemental questions for that scholarship.
Colleges (Division of Academic Affairs)
- College of Applied Arts
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Health Professions
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Science and Engineering
- Honors College
- The Graduate College
Divisions and Administrative Departments
- Alumni Association
- Dean of Students Office
- Division of Information Technology
- Division of University Advancement
- Education Abroad
- Housing and Residence Life
- Family Association
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- University Libraries
- Various campus organizations
Note: Some academic departments within a college, as well as administrative departments, may have chosen not to transition some or all of their scholarships to BOSS. Scholarship opportunities typically open via BOSS no later than November 1st of each year. If after November 1st you do not see scholarships listed from your department, you may want to visit that department’s website for additional scholarship information.
Scholarship opportunities for the upcoming academic year open via BOSS by November 1st of each year. If after November 1st you do not see scholarships listed from your college or department, you may want to visit your department’s website for additional scholarship information.
The specific deadline for each application or scholarship opportunity varies and is available within BOSS.
- Edits of your submitted scholarship application are allowed as long as it is prior to the specific scholarship deadline.
- Some scholarships may require additional materials, like a letter of recommendation or a résumé. Your application is not complete until all required materials for that scholarship have been submitted.
Notification of Awards
Who gets notified?
Only scholarship recipients will receive official notification from committees. You can review your application status at any time through BOSS.
When do committees notify recipients?
Most scholarship committees begin notifying award recipients early spring, and the notification process is generally completed by July 1. For more specific award information, please consult with the awarding office.
Scholarships are competitive
Scholarship funds are extremely limited and are awarded on a competitive basis. Every scholarship committee reviews applications each year from numerous qualified applicants. Unfortunately, many exemplary students do not receive awards.
If you have questions about scholarships, please contact us or the appropriate department who awarded the scholarship.