Receiving Outside Scholarships
Congratulations on your scholarship!
To make sure that your external funds get to your Texas State account at the right time, you’ll need to complete the steps below.
To guarantee that your external funds are available to apply toward your tuition bill prior to the payment deadline, funds must be received in our office according to the below schedule:
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: May 1
Your next steps
As soon as you learn the great news, let us know (Financial Aid - Student Self-Service).
Your donor may send our office your scholarship check made co-payable to both you and Texas State. If so, we will contact you to come to our office and endorse the check so that we can begin processing your scholarship funds.
Your donor may require that you provide proof of enrollment prior to mailing Texas State your scholarship check. Typically, you can provide your donor with one of the following:
- A copy of your class schedule (Enrollment Verification – Student Self-Service)
- A copy of your registration bill
However, if your donor requires an official enrollment verification document, you will need to contact the University Registrar's Office
Your donor's next steps
Send your scholarship funds online via ACH:
Visit the TXST Outside Scholarship Entry Form.
Enter required information (including scholarship recipient’s name and ID number, semester and amount of scholarship, and donor information.)
Pay via ACH transfer (Electronic payments require a bank routing number and account number.)
- Payments may be made from a business or personal checking/savings account. (Please disregard the “No corporate checks allowed” message on the Payment Method screen.)
- You will receive immediate confirmation of funds transfer.
- Estimated processing timeframe for funds received via ACH is 1-2 business days from the date of the transfer of funds. Scholarship funds received for future semesters will disburse to a student’s account no earlier than ten calendar days prior to the start of the intended semester.
Send your scholarship funds by check:
- Make the check payable to Texas State University.
- Mail the scholarship check with a cover letter (including your name, student ID number and disbursement instructions) or the Outside Scholarship Donor Form to:
Financial Aid and Scholarships
J.C. Kellam, Suite 220
Texas State University
601 University Drive
San Marcos, Texas 78666-4684
- Estimated processing timeframe for funds received via check is 7-10 business days from the date the check is mailed. Scholarship funds received for future semesters will disburse to a student’s account no earlier than ten calendar days prior to the start of the intended semester.