Students are encouraged to apply for scholarships through the Bobcat Online Scholarship System (BOSS) and also view opportunities with their respective departments or colleges. We are currently in phase one of implementing a new university-wide scholarship application system with a limited number of departments in the pilot rollout of the system.
Currently Participating Departments and Colleges
|Participating Department/College||Application Open||Application Deadline|
|College of Education||TBA||TBA|
|College of Health Professions||September 1, 2017||Varies|
|College of Science and Engineering||October 1, 2017||Varies|
|Department of Mathematics||TBA||TBA|
|Financial Aid and Scholarships – Incoming Freshmen/Transfers||August 1, 2017||December 15, 2017|
|Financial Aid and Scholarships – Continuing Students||January 5, 2018||March 1, 2018|
|The Graduate College||TBA||TBA|
Instructions for Accessing BOSS
- To begin, click BOSS.
- Click Sign In on the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click the Sign In With Your Institution button.
- Enter your Texas State NetID and Password.*
- Click Login.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to apply.**
*Note: If you have not already activated your NetID, please click Activate your NetID on the login page.
**Note: You are encouraged to apply for the Recommended scholarships under the Opportunities tab which have an Apply button. This list represents scholarship opportunities for which you meet initial eligibility and must complete supplemental questions to be considered.
Scholarship Process Overview
- Each scholarship has a specific deadline. Be sure to check the deadline before applying for a particular scholarship.
- Some scholarships may require additional materials (e.g., letter of recommendation or résumé) that must be submitted in addition to your initial application. Your application is not considered complete until all required materials for that scholarship have been submitted.
Notification of Awards
Scholarship funds are extremely limited and are awarded on a highly competitive basis. Every scholarship committee reviews applications each year from numerous qualified applicants. As a result, unfortunately, many exemplary students do not receive awards.
In general, most scholarship committees make their final decisions and begin notifying award recipients on or before April 1. The notification process is generally completed by July 1. (For more specific award information, please consult with the awarding office.) Only scholarship award recipients will receive official notification from the committees. You can review your application status at any time through this system.
If you have questions about scholarships, please contact Financial Aid and Scholarships.